XO: SDHCI: Card didn't power up after 1 second

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:02:00 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 2:47 AM, Jan Pazdziora <jpazdziora at redhat.com> wrote:

> The same results here -- I have a 4 GB card, and the flipping success
> / failure result is the same here. Which means that if I manage to
> boot (success), it then fails with that Cannot find root file system
> message (failure).

Does 'test /pci/sd' several times work for you as well? I do it til it
succeeds about 10 times in a row, then type boot, and then it works
fine.  Question is, I'm not sure how/where to report these results, it
seems as though this is a definite firmware issue (possibly with a
subset of cards) and not any of the cards in question (since the same
results now are happening for four people - me, you, John Rose ,and
Brian Powell.  Interestingly, John and Brian work fine with 4GB cards,
just when they went to 8GB cards they ran into this.  You and I see it
with 4GB cards too).