Problem setting up wired networking

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Wed Nov 12 16:53:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 12:22 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> [tim at mary GroupRepresentations]$ service network status
> Configured devices:
> lo eth0 eth1 pan0
> Currently active devices:
> lo eth0 eth1
> I've no idea who or what pan0 is.

I had that happen before as well but I have since reinstalled and it
wasn't created this time. Never did figure out why pan0 was there
though.

Anyway, if it helps, gonna post my ifcfg-eth0 file as it works fine with
NM and nothing special really cept it's a static IP.

[mike at scrappy ~]$ more /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
# nVidia Corporation MCP61 Ethernet
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255