Problem setting up wired networking

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Nov 12 23:48:15 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 04:53:18 pm Mike Chambers wrote:

> Anyway, if it helps, gonna post my ifcfg-eth0 file as it works fine with
> NM and nothing special really cept it's a static IP.

IIRC, it used to be said that NM didn't read
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* .

In my case if NM does read these files
it doesn't seem to take much notice of what it reads,
as I have specified the ESSID of the AP I want to link to,
but NM seems to ignore this.

It really would be useful if one knew which files NM looks at.
It's really not good enough to say that this is not needed
because "NM just works".

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net