Problem setting up wired networking

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski D.Mierzejewski at icm.edu.pl
Thu Nov 13 10:33:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 03:37:08AM +0200, shmuel siegel wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>>   NetworkManager service starts well before the desktop
>> login, and will bring up any "system" configured connections.
>>

> I seemed to have missed some documentation. Is there a way to attach to
> my WPA encrypted wireless without logging in first?

No. Moreover, patches to current initscripts to cater for at least one
common scenario are being rejected because they're "not generic enough".
So instead of having it working in some cases (I'd argue: most), we have
it not working at all.

Regards,
R.

--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>  |  LAN  Staff
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling