Problem setting up wired networking

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Nov 13 16:28:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 03:44:26PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> I know that the netbook uses a realtek wireless, but I can't remember where I
> found the model.

'lspci -v' should give you all information about PCI devices it can
find although 'lspci -tv' output would be likely more useful on the
first blush.  You can be also quite a bit more selective and/or
demanding. 'man lspci' for a lot of information.

> I did write everything down before wiping Linpus, but I'm
> afraid I put it into the proverbial "safe place".

Linux is rather good about finding such details so "safe places",
especially when they tend to go out-of-sync, are not that needed.
'dmesg' likely tells also all you need to know (and quite a bit
more).

   Michal