rpmdb: Thread/process 21524/3086247616 failed: Thread died in Berkeley DB library

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 22:37:41 UTC 2008

--- On Thu, 11/13/08, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> From: Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>
> Subject: Re: rpmdb: Thread/process 21524/3086247616 failed: Thread died in Berkeley DB library
> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> Date: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 1:24 PM
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>

> > "rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db.*" deletes the RPM
> database.  You really should
> > follow that up with a "rpm --rebuilddb" or
> RPM will get very confused.
>
> >From knowledgeable sources, I've heard that rpm
> --rebuilddb is neither required or a even a good idea
> (anymore), in cases like these.
>
> -- Rex
>

> --

I have two machines with ext4 filesystem and surprisingly only on one of them I encounter the error?  The other one has worked without hiccups and complaints :)

[root at riohigh2 ~]# cat /etc/mtab
/dev/sda6 / ext4 rw 0 0
/proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
/dev/sda5 /boot ext3 rw 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
none /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc binfmt_misc rw 0 0
sunrpc /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs rpc_pipefs rw 0 0
gvfs-fuse-daemon /home/olivares/.gvfs fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon rw,nosuid,nodev,user=olivares 0 0

To the third machine I wanted to run ext4, but hardrive started to make funny noises, I left it like it was and I installed from LiveCD Fedora 10 Preview and it is working(crosses fingers) but with ext3 which is default.

Regards,

Antonio