NetworkManager connection to encrypted Wireless Network

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Nov 14 00:04:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 09:47:04AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:

> The interaction on KDE is likely not tested very well.  For a time kde
> users had to use the gnome panel icon, which meant interaction with
> gnome-keyring-manager which /should/ work in a KDE environment but
> likely doesn't always.

For what it's worth, on two KDE-centric distros, Mepis Beta (with KDE 3.
something ) and Mandriva 2009 with KDE 4, I had trouble.  In all cases,
I had to stop the various wpa and dhclient things being run and do it
manually.  In both cases, it would, according to iwconfig, connect, but
it wouldn't get an address, whether I manually configured it or tried
with DHCP.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: We're out of Wheat-a-Bix.
Giles: We are out of Wheat-a-Bix because you ate it all. Again.
Spike: Get some more.
Giles: I thought vampires were supposed to eat blood.
Spike: Yeah, well, sometimes I like to crumble up the Wheat-a-Bix
 in the blood. Gives it a little texture.
Giles: Since the picture you just painted means that I will never
touch food of any kind again, you'll just have to pick it up
yourself.
Spike: Sissy.