Problem setting up wired networking

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Nov 14 00:24:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 06:57:37PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 13 November 2008 17:53:10 Jesse Keating wrote:

> > This will give you a fresh start at both the config files,
> > and the gconf entries, so that your attempts aren't sullied by any
> > previous tweakings.  Once you've either gotten it to work on the Live
> > image, or still fail, you can either transfer that knowledge to your
> > existing install, or be in a better position to file a bug that can be
> > reproduced.
>
> Any fedora live image?  I assume that there isn't one yet for the current
> rawhide.  I'm concerned that a live image that isn't *very* up-to-date won't
> have a kernel with the ath5k driver in it.

There are various spins--see my other post, the drivers were there, but
it wouldn't connect to a WPA network.

However, even with the early Fedora rawhide, despite this issue with the
live CDs, the ath5k has been working rather well, at least for me.

Perhaps because I'm pure of heart?

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: Willow, tell 'em what I did.
Willow: You said you were gonna kill me, then Buffy.
Spike: Yes, bad, but let's skip that part and get to
the part where I couldn't bite you.