NetworkManager connection to encrypted Wireless Network

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:35:41 UTC 2008

On Friday 14 November 2008 19:08:12 Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 18:58 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > wpa_supplicant
> >
> > > What is the kernel level,
> >
> > 2.6.27.4-desktop-2mnb
> >
> > > and what is
> > > the output of modinfo of the module for your wireless card?
> >
> > Remember that this is a different laptop.  Wifi here is ipw2200
>
> Oh, well not nearly as interesting then.  I thought you meant that
> Mandriva on the problematic system was working perfectly.
>
> Out of curiosity, how do you interact with wpa_supplicant?

I don't.  It was configured once, and it doesn't need anything more.

> As for the KDE working or not, I was mostly making guesses before we had
> more evidence to the fact that the kernel/firmware may be the issue, not
> the config software.

Ah - a thought.  I have Mandriva on a usb pen-drive.  I'll try it and see if
there is any success,  I don't know whether the kernel will be recent enough
though, as that is Mandriva 2008.1.

I'll let you know if I get anything useful.

Anne