ATI nomodeset hang on boot

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 02:01:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 1:47 AM, Joachim Frieben
<joachim.frieben at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> After I updated today, I can't get a graphical login unless I remove
>> nomodeset.
<snip>
> This issue was ontroduced in kernel -101 and fixed in kernel -104 available at
>  http://koji.fedoraproject.org
Thanks, I'll try the new kernel.

On a related subject, having booted without nomodeset and used
it that way all day today, the window refresh performance seemed
very slow.  Could there be a correlation or is it something else (or
am I halucinating)?  Are there any benchmark tools that put X through
some speed tests to compare before/after performance?

Thanks,

                    Dave