Skype under Fedora-10/KDE

Timothy Murphy tim at maths.tcd.ie
Sat Nov 15 16:07:18 UTC 2008

Is anyone successfully running Skype under Fedora-10 with KDE?

When I run it (from f=>Applications=>Internet=>Skype)
and try to make the Skype Test Call
I get the error message
"Problem with Audio Playback".

I've tried killing pulseaudio, but I get the same error message.

People have suggested that I modify the Skype settings,
but I see nowhere to do that.

When I run skype from the command line I get the same error message.
But when I stop I read
[tim at mary ~]$ skype
ALSA lib pcm.c:2202:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2202:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi

^C

Any and all suggestions gratefully received.