ATI Radeon Woes on F10...

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Sat Nov 15 18:17:47 UTC 2008

I'm working to get accelerated graphics working on my ThinkPad T400
(Model 2765-T6U). In Discreete Graphic mode, it runs the ATI Mobility
Radeon HD3470 video chip set. So far:

* The fglrx drivers from RPMFusion are horrid (amazingly slow)
* The stock Radeon drivers work OK
* The experimental Radeon HD driver works OK

None of the above seems to support 3D graphics. Does anyone have
something working with this? Having become addicted to eye candy
displays, I suddenly find myself needing to get my "Compiz fix".

As an aside, if I run with the Intel Internal Graphics instead, Compiz
and Desktop Effects do work, but it's slower and a number of Open GL
stiff doesn't work at all.

Cheers,

Chris

--