kde4 testing questions

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Nov 18 13:52:24 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson <cannewilson <at> googlemail.com> writes:
> it was a driver issue and have been working on it.  A new driver has been
> released and it is said to cure the problem, but I think it is only a week or
> two old, so may not be in the repo yet.  Try the NVidia source.

As far as I know, the latest driver in RPM Fusion for F10 is already the latest
version from nVidia. They're also working on providing a kmod-nvidia-latest for
F9.

And in any case, building the driver from the nVidia website is really bad
advice, because it will overwrite system libraries instead of overriding them
cleanly through ld.so.conf.d, so uninstalling is hard and the next libGL upgrade
will break the driver. If you use crappy proprietary drivers at all, at least
use properly packaged versions!

        Kevin Kofler