k3b still has verify problems

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue Nov 18 18:38:11 UTC 2008

cornel panceac wrote:
> 2008/11/17 Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net>

>>> Yes, would be wonderfully nice if a kernel hacker or maintainer would
>> ever
>>> at least comment.
>> I'm not convinced it is the kernel anymore. After all, the F10 preview
>> can now tell that there is no media in the drive without waiting forever,
>> so it seems like at least some aspects of the drive status are fixed with
>> the latest drivers, yet k3b is still not functional, so this may be
>> entirely a k3b issue at this point (though it would still be nice to
>> know what the heck is going on).
>

> maybe hal ....

Have you tried another burning tool such as xcdroast or nautilus-
cd-burner (yes, a Gnome thing) just to isolate it?  If those tools
behave the same way, then I'd look deeper in the OS (hal, etc.).

Considering that KDE is still in flux a bit I'd lean towards k3b having
issues rather than the underlying system, but I'm not going to be
pedantic about it since I don't have F10 running anywhere just yet and I
rarely use KDE anyway.  Divide and conquer.
-             To iterate is human, to recurse, divine.               -