saving the desktop?

Jason Farrell farrellj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 18:41:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 13:18 -0500, Jason Farrell wrote:
> > Yes, *manual* session save/restore went away in KDE4 (even though the
> > manual save option remains in the GUI),
>
> It doesn't, that's what we're talking about. The GUI has the option of
> *restoring from a manually-saved session*, but no way to actually save
> it manually!

Right. I wrote it backwards. Restore Save or Save Restore? :)

In any case, I get the feeling that a lot of people just don't care as much
about saving their desktop session as much as they do their browser's. It's
also not an expectation carried over from Windows, since the only thing you
can really save/restore there is file Explorer windows.