Here again with bugs on Window shared folders.

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 15:57:37 UTC 2008

2008/11/20 Mads Kiilerich <mads at kiilerich.com>:
> Antonio M wrote:
>>
>> But after struggling with my Fedora, I got from the Window guy that
>> they could not see Volume (F) in Computer Resources!!! and I could see
>> in my Fedora but not connect to it....so at the end, i have to blame
>> Windows to losing the additional resource.
>>
>> Now that the problem is solved I have another question/problem
>>
>> If I open a document file on a Fedora machine that is on a shared
>> folder on a network resource at least in Windowswhen I want to save it
>> I get an error (in particular if on Volume (F)).Any idea???
>>

> No. No idea. You have to provide an exact description of what you do and how
> it can be reproduced and what you expect and what you see. Especially the
> exact text of error messages. The bugzilla description template is a very
> good guide on how to do it.
>
>> Tnx
>>

> You are welcome. But please reconsider your right to criticize the samba
> maintainers and accusing them of being sloppy - especially when you refuse
> to play by the rules and file a bug when you think you see one.
>
> /Mads
>
> --

never criticize Samba maintainers, please re-read my posts....
So when I open a document on Volume (F) on a networked Windows
computer, opening is fine, but when I want to save it I get this
message:

Content of folder cannot be shown
Impossible to run statI of file "/home/antonio/.gvfs/volume (f) su
celeron": No such file or directory.

On other shared folders it works...only on the disk called Volume (F)

Tnx

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag