Error trying fglrx driver on HD3850 (Fedora 9)

Bruno Medeiros brunojcm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 15:27:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

I know people is wasting much time fixing the errors of new fedora 10,
but if someone could help me..

I recently installed the fglrx proprietary ATI driver to try to run
compiz-fusion on my HD3850 (rv670) video board.
When I run fglrxinfo ou glxinfo, i got the folowing error:

[root at desktop ~]# glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no
such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  143 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
  Serial number of failed request:  13

I not an expert with video issues and have no idea about the cause of
this error..
I have no compiz-fusion working too, probably because of this error.

Have anyone experienced the same problem?
Does anyone know any related filled bug?

Thanks in advance!