can't install base system using CD 1

Mikel Ward mikel at mikelward.com
Sun Nov 23 07:19:16 UTC 2008

Hi

I just tried to install the Fedora 10 i386 preview using only the first CD.

Even after going to "customize packages now" and deselecting all
non-essential packages, including Office and Productivity on the first
screen, and then all the boxes not under Base System on the second
screen (e.g. GNOME Desktop, Graphical Internet, Editors, Graphics,
etc, etc.), it still told me I needed CD 1 and CD 2, and I could not
go back.

This left me with a re-formatted root partition and no bootable OS.

Please take steps to ensure at least the base operating system
packages are all available on CD 1.

Thanks

Mike