preupgrade problem

Timothy Murphy tim at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Nov 23 17:54:37 UTC 2008

I asked before, but perhaps did not make clear
that I _was_ asking a question:
Can one run preupgrade on a standard Fedora-9 system?

My old desktop has 2 SCSI disks, and is running F-9.
When I run "sudo preupgrade", and choose the "rawhide" option,
the process appears to go smoothly,
except perhaps that the step
-----------------------
Detecting hardware...
Waiting for hardware to initialize...
-----------------------
seems to take a long time to complete.

However, when I boot into the new system, I get the error
-----------------------
Unable to download the kickstart file.
d:UUID=4d2cc...726d:/upgrade/ks.cfg
-----------------------

I can verify that this file is present,
and the UUID is correct for the /boot partition on /dev/sdb2 .

Now if I continue, I get the error
-----------------------
    KickstartParser.handleCommand(self,lineno,args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pykickstart/parser.py", line 440, in handleCommand
    self.handler.dispatcher(args,lineno)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pykickstart/base.py", line 335, in dispatcher
    self.commands[cmd].parse(args[1:1])
  File "/usr/lib/anaconde/kickstart.py", line 307, in parse
    self.handler.id.keyboard.set(self.keyboard)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rhpl/keyboard.py", line 64, in set
    kb = self.modelDict[keytable]
KeyError: 'gb'
Install exited abnormally [1/1]

Unable to read package metadata.
Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: anaconda
installationRepo-200811220936.i386.
Please verify its path and try again.

My guess is that this has something to do with the fact
that I am using SCSI disks, though I have little evidence for this.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?