Fedora 9 Were Iso files updated after the comprimise problem occurred?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Nov 23 21:56:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 13:45:17 -0800 (PST)
lsatenstein at yahoo.com (Leslie Satenstein) wrote:

> While I recognize that F10 is coming out in three days, I am
> wondering if the ISO images for Fedora 9 have been updated to reflect
> all the repro changes that took place about 2 months ago?

No. It was decided that since there are many many isos that have
already been burned to media, there was no point in changing the isos,
instead things should be made so updates would work for any gold media
install.

> My older DVD image from May 2008 does not point to the right areas.
> A yum update yum* fails.

Don't do that. Do a normal 'yum update' and you will get the new
'fedora-release' package that has the new repositories in it with the
new keys.

> I am currently downloading for a fresh install the Version 10
> Pre-release.  I want to see if it has the video drivers to support my
> card.  Fedora has been my favorite since 2004, and lately, I use
> UBUNTU as a backup.  Video in U8.10 works for me, but does not work
> well or almost not at all    in   F9 (Old dvd)

Good luck. ;)

kevin