preupgrade problem

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 24 15:55:39 UTC 2008

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>>> preupgrade-0.9.9-1.fc9
>>> This should work, but please choose Fedora 10 Preview. Beta is older..
>>>

>> I can't find preupgrade at this version running the following comand:
>>
>> [root at desktop ~]# yum --enablerepo "updates-testing,
>> updates-testing-newkey" install preupgrade
>> Loaded plugins: allowdowngrade, refresh-packagekit
>> rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
>> 2.7 kB     00:00
>> 7a13d6e3407fdc4234c797f6d249ac66a7625923-primary.sqlite.bz2
>> 84 kB     00:01
>> fedora
>> 2.4 kB     00:00
>> primary.sqlite.bz2
>> 7.6 MB     00:38
>> rpmfusion-free-updates
>> 2.7 kB     00:00
>> 2359cb7b4ccd3d496cebe151d5f0c8e2a7873212-primary.sqlite.bz2
>> 308 kB     00:05
>> rpmfusion-free
>> 951 B     00:00
>> primary.xml.gz
>> 201 B     00:00
>> adobe-linux-i386
>> 951 B     00:00
>> primary.xml.gz
>> 10 kB     00:00
>> adobe-linux-i386                                               17/17
>> updates-newkey
>> 2.3 kB     00:00
>> primary.sqlite.bz2
>> 4.1 MB     00:20
>> fusion
>> 1.9 kB     00:00
>> primary.sqlite.bz2
>> 28 kB     00:00
>> rpmfusion-nonfree
>> 951 B     00:00
>> primary.xml.gz
>> 201 B     00:00
>> updates
>> 2.6 kB     00:00
>> primary.sqlite.bz2
>> 11 kB     00:00
>> Setting up Install Process
>> Parsing package install arguments
>> Package preupgrade-0.9.3-3.fc9.noarch already installed and latest
>> version
>> Nothing to do
>>
>> What's wrong here?
>>

> Koji always has the latest packages :) ...
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=6045
>
> JBG
FC8/KDE
I tried preupgrade to FC9 from FC8 but after I run preupgrade and went
to reboot it said that it couldn't find images. I want to do the
preupgrade on FC10 , tomorrow.
Does FC9, FC10 require a /boot partition ?
I have the following partitions ;

sda1   /      ext3
sda2   /home    ext3
sda3   swap

I upgraded my x86_64 box from a FC7 to a FC8 by using the Fedora-release
8 and  Yum and didn't have a bit of problems.
I do my partitioning like this so I won't loose my /home  files.