F9 ISO DVD Installation

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 24 18:20:59 UTC 2008

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> I had to reinstall F9 and when I tried to run  yum -y update, the
> message returned was about missing repositories for F9.
>
> Should there not be at least a single file that updates the yum
> repository information to point to the new locations?

Goto websites below and get rpms and install this will put your
/etc/yum.repos.d back in order ;

fedora-release
fedora-release-notes

X86_64 repos
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/9/x86_64.newkey/

i386 repos
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386.newkey/

Install those two rpms and it will put your  /etc/yum.repos.d back in
order and yum can do its job.

rpm -ivh  ,     if these versions are not installed
rpm -ivh --force  , if they are installed, it will do a force install
and straighten out your corrupted Repos.