Connecting to Vista share using rawhide release candidate (fc10)

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Mon Nov 24 18:28:33 UTC 2008

If from gnome I try to connect to Places/connect to server/Windows Share
and enter the name of the vista computer, I get and error box saying
Cannot disply location "smb://myvistacomputer/" No application is
registered as handing this file.  Yet, if I use the ip address of the
vista computer I get access to the shares on the vista machine.

What am I doing wrong, or what do I need to do right?  The vista machine
s ip address is not static and changes as computers on the network are
rebooted, etc.

Thanks.