Preupgrade 1.0.0 hangs at end of upgrade

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 12:47:46 UTC 2008

Hi Folks,

Using preupgrade-1.0.0-1 to update an f9 system to f10 seems to have
worked OK but the upgrade hung while finalizing the upgrade after
finishing the package transaction.

The last thing in the log was uno.bin segfaulting and I was getting
repeated messages from evdev about a suspicious 511 byte buffer size
(although I think this related to me switching VTs to get to the shell
and back to X).

Rebooting manually gave me what appears to be a fully functioning f10
install.

Regards,
Bryn.