PulseAudio info needed

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Thu Nov 27 13:06:19 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> There is a lot of FUD and general mistrust of PA.  It seems to me that it
> would help a great deal if someone would write a short statement about what PA
> is and how it should work.  If there is known readable references, they would
> help too, as would noting any known work-arounds for problem.
>
> It would be a great help to those of us who try to give user support.  I'd
> even put it on my own web space and direct folk to it, if that would help.

There's a lot of good information on the PulseAudio project pages
themselves:

http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/AboutPulseAudio
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/FirstSteps
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/FAQ

Maybe someone would be interested in summarising some of this and adding
Fedora-specifics on the Fedora wiki to make it a bit less intimidating
for novice users?

Regards,
Bryn.