PulseAudio info needed

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 14:16:25 UTC 2008

2008/11/27 Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net>:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 13:01:09 +0000
> Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> as would noting any known work-arounds for problem.
>
> Heck, this works around every problem I have every time:
>
> yum erase pulseaudio
>
> :-).

:-) indeed, but I think that's actually the problem that Anne is
referring to: generally if anyone has any problems with pulseaudio,
the first advice they'll get is almost always to uninstall/disable it.
Sure, that may possibly still be necessary with particularly weird
hardware or audio programs, but if pulseaudio truly is the way of the
future, it would probably be worth having a page somewhere (maybe it
exists?) with simple-to-use troubleshooting techniques that could be
used before the above blunt hammer.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München