PulseAudio info needed

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 15:24:23 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 11/28/08, dexter <dex.mbox at googlemail.com> wrote:

> From: dexter <dex.mbox at googlemail.com>
> Subject: Re: PulseAudio info needed
> To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 7:13 AM
> On Fri November 28 2008 14:05:00 Fulko Hew wrote:
> > a) The KDE launch and shutdown sounds should not
> stutter.
>
> I've been seeing this on all my pulseaudio free systems
> for quite sometime
> since ~KDE 4.0.x, startup stutters & fails but after
> that its all good.
> search the upstream bugzilla for reports.
>
> ...dex
>

> --

I have seen the sound stuttering with pulseaudio on, I just left it there and it complains that ..... sound falling back on ..... and then I try playing something and it works.  What I notice also except when the sound was not woking on most systems, the sound was muted and we could not hear anything, error probably with udev and thankfully it was fixed :), the alsa output sometimes fails and the system falls back on oss, some snd_hda.?? codecs :(
It is not a bulletproof system, but when it works, it works ok, but when it does not work, it gets trashed because people need sound to work, and it definitely gets in the way :(

See this sound stuttering with PA on in both GNOME and KDE.  I use both so I won't discriminate against either one :)

Regards,

Antonio