PulseAudio info needed

Jason Farrell farrellj at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 17:48:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> [...]

FWIW - Pulseaudio worked great for me in F8 and F9 (except for some minor
annoyances such play/pause lag at one point in F8, and Miro -> xine -> PA
hangs in both), but in 'glitch-free' F10, on the same hardware (audigy2
card), I could't for the life of me get rid of the constant buffer
underruns.

So, a 'yum remove pulseaudio' later, and a few config tweaks in kde,
mplayer, and xine, and all's well again.

They say pulseaudio brings out the worst in the emu10k driver; I wonder why
it waited until now.

--
Jason "zcat" Farrell