NFS installation issue (minor)

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Nov 29 00:47:46 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 06:03:41PM -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 13:16 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
>

> Actually, it was working for me against the rawhide tree, and didn't
> realize it.  So I had to use the repo=nfsiso:server:/path/to/iso
> parameter and the install.img in that same page/images dir to get it to
> work.  Guess those release notes are good for something hehe.

Heh, shame on you.  The release notes are great--now, if only some of
the forum visitors would read them.  :)

> Anyway, I guess to get static, you would use the parameter above, as
> well as askmethod.  Now I don't know much about using a usb stick to do
> it though.

There's not much too it.  Assuming the machine can boot from USB, you
can use the Fedora tools, unetbootin (designed for Ubuntu but works
quite well on Fedora) or do it manually, I'm sure.  I tend to use
unetbootin because it had the shortest set of instructions when I was
first beginning to use it.   :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Cordelia: Everything has been taken away because Daddy made a
little mistake on his taxes... for the last twelve years.