Selinux, Apache, defaults

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Nov 30 07:06:04 UTC 2008

As I read the responses to my original post I couldn't help
but think of the famous figure.1 riposte to VMS.  We know
what happened to VMS.

My document root contains 516 MB, 65 GB including
symbolic references.  I really don't want these files living
on a partition that gets wiped with each Linux install,
thank you.  And I don't want to have 85 GB for my
Linux root partition when 20 GB is more than enough.

If I use a symlink to escape from the /var/www directory,
won't Selinux nuke that also?

If I tell selinux to ignore Apache's accesses, what protection
is left?

What about apps Selinux hasn't been taught about?

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665