Received your XO? Let us know!

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 00:51:24 UTC 2008

Steven Salevan wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I've received my XO this afternoon and it's a remarkable little device
> (and quite the chick magnet, it seems).  I'm looking forward to testing
> F10 on it, as the combination of F10 and a small form factor will
> undoubtedly transform it into an ace subnotebook.
>
> So!  An introduction, eh?  My name's Steve Salevan and I'm a QA engineer
> for Red Hat's RHN Satellite product, where I perform regression testing
> and code Selenium-based automated tests.  I've been an adamant Fedora
> user for about 4 years now and I'm an active participant in several
> community software projects such as Func and Spacewalk.  In my free time
> I serve as the resident local music director/prog rock geek of WKNC
> 88.1FM, NC State's student-run radio station, and you can hear my weekly
> show, The Local Beat, on Fridays from 5-8PM.
>
> If anyone around Raleigh cares to test the OLPC mesh networking
> functionality, we should crash the Flying Saucer sometime.

Totally into that. I would also like to borrow someones locally to do
some outreach at the school. BTW.. I picked up the following at circuit
city today (paid about 5 to 10 bucks too much.. but hey.. the economy is
great right?).

http://tinyurl.com/3hkker
http://tinyurl.com/4ljks9

I followed the same directions as earlier:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/Fedora10_On_XO#Installing_your_SD_card

And only had the following issues:

1) I had to change my wifi router to be channel (1).
2) I had to make the new media card bootable:

# /sbin/parted /dev/sdb
(parted) print
Model: Multi Flash Reader (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 2033MB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos

Number  Start  End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
  1      127kB  2031MB  2031MB  primary  fat16

(parted) toggle 1 boot
(parted) quit

20 hours and 5 minutes till my key is ready :)

-- bk