Wireless N, WPA and kernel 2.6.26 (amd .27)?

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 09:48:32 UTC 2008

I have seen some reports of connection problems when running laptops with iwl4965
wireless to Access Points running 802.11N when using WPA (WPA2) encryption
with kernel 2.6.26 (or 2.6.27). Apparently these problems came to light only
with these newer kernels and 2.6.25 ran successfully.

Before deciding on whether to upgrade my wireless access points to newer
wireless N capable boxes I would appreciate hearing of any other user
experiences confirming whether anyone has been able to successfully connect
via WPA to a Wireless N access point with the newer series of kernels.

If there have been problems in this regard then any useful pointers to
workarounds would be appreciated.

I have been running the newer kernels to wireless G access points without
any problems at all but wireless N is quite new so the experiences of others
would be useful knowledge.