F9 & F10-Snap1 pulseaudio and underlying mixer channels

greg spowd at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 13 06:56:02 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 22:25 -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 03:49:07AM +0530, Mani A wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 2:28 AM, Chuck Anderson  wrote:
> > > I'm testing F10-Snap1, and I noticed that music was playing rather
> > > softly, even though I had the application volume and the master
> > > pulseaudio volume turned all the way up.  I ended up doing this:
> > >
> > > Is this just a bug, or a design problem with pulseaudio hiding
> > > underlying mixer channels?  How would one expect to set the hardware
> > > mixer channels when pulseaudio hides them from the user?
> > >

> > Most probably you need to add more options in your ALSA config files.
> > For example many cards that use the hda-intel module need them. See
> > the alsa site for the relevant ones.
> >
> > The rest of the questions are relevant anyway.
>
> The problem seems to be that we have too many ways to control the
> volume--too many volume control applets--and the Pulseaudio Volume
> Control that was in the F10-Snap1 GNOME menu doesn't expose all the
> necessary sliders.
>
> We need to settle on a single volume control applet that has all the
> required functionality.

thats probably better addressed to the Gnome Devs than the fedora
ones ...one has to ask themselves.. where is PulseAudio going in the
long run? cause if it is its probably better to get it Embedded into
Gnome which will get rid of all the other Volume Controls,
--
Regards Greg

http://www.fedoraforum.org/?