GNOME woes on the XO / A modest proposal

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 15:26:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 13:55 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> Jeff Weiss wrote:
> > Steven Salevan wrote:
> I did the following
>
> - Get the latest fedora-xo code (git clone
> git://dev.laptop.org/projects/fedora-xo)

This repo isn't really relevant to the current testing.  The idea is
that we're using the _actual live images produced by Fedora_.  The only
reason the ones for the beta weren't were
1) I failed to push the appropriate fix for booting off of SD into
livecd-tools and didn't notice until it was too late
2) Working around the fact that the X driver doesn't appropriately
autoconfig on the XO.  This is worked around in spin-kickstarts now by
detecting the XO and setting up the xorg.conf

Jeremy