XO: kernel oops at boot time

david d zuhn zoo at stpaulterminal.org
Wed Oct 15 02:27:04 UTC 2008

With the F10-Snap1-i686-Live image on a 4GB SD card, there's a couple
of problems during the boot & initial login:

While the screen is blank and a progress bar is filling up across the
bottom, the tail end of a message is visible about 60% of the way
through the bar.   From the messages file, I believe it's:

Invalid iomem size. You may experience problems.

but it's hard to be sure since all I get a chance to see is 'ience problems.'.

Then immediately after I log in, I'm presented with a kernel oops
dialog and a chance to report it to kernel.org.

dmesg & syslog output saved here:

http://stpaulterminal.org/olpc/boot-oops-20081014/dmesg.out  (output from dmesg)
http://stpaulterminal.org/olpc/boot-oops-20081014/messages  (/var/log/messages)

--
david d zuhn  Saint Paul Bridge & Terminal Ry.
zoo @ stpaulterminal.org