XO: Success with 4 Gig Card

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Thu Oct 16 01:59:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Michael Solberg <msolberg at redhat.com> wrote:
> Also - swap is essential -
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/XO_Performance#Swap_space.3F
>
> has instructions for turning on swap once your XO has booted.

I turned added a swap file using the directions above and this has
made a large difference for me.  Last night I was experiencing freezes
after a short period of time, preceded by things getting quite slow.
Tonight, after enabling swap I have been able to navigate around
pretty well and even run FireFox for a bit - though the swap usage was
creeping up while using FireFox.

Definitely much more usable with the swap file.

I did do a small bit of tuning with the Gnome session, turning off the
following items:

Bluetooth Manager
GNOME Splash Screen
Network Authentication