Audio dropping out in F10 beta

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Oct 17 14:01:25 UTC 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:10:16 +0200, Antonio M wrote:

> if I carry test for PA everything seems o.k., nevertheless it dies, I
> have to kill application and restart same application to recover sound
> (Rhythmbox).

What is listed if you display
GNOME Menu > System > Preferences > Hardware > Sound?

With Rawhide I've had terrible sound-quality after recent updates and it
returned to normal after selecting different devices in that dialog. At
least it made Rhythmbox work again. I believe there's still a lot of
fragility with regard to PulseAudio.