NetworkManager-openvpn issues

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 19 12:55:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm testing NetworkManager (0.7.0-0.11.svn4175) with the openvpn plugin
(0.7.0-16.svn4175) against openvpn (2.1-0.27.rc9.el5). I see a couple of
problems.

Problem #1:

On the openvpn server side in /etc/openvpn/server.conf I have the
following line:

push "dhcp-option SEARCH vpn.test.local"

with the goal to get on the client side added by NetworkManager in
/etc/resolv.conf:

search test.local
search vpn.test.local
nameserver 192.168.1.1  <-- is the ip of the dns on the openvpn box

When I setup the VPN connection from NetworkManager than the line
"search vpn.test.local" is not added to /etc/resolv.conf on the client.
NetworkManager only adds:

search test.local
nameserver 192.168.1.1

Problem #2:

When I close the VPN connection, the following lines are not removed
from /etc/resolv.conf on the client side:

search test.local
nameserver 192.168.1.1

Problem #3

Manually added routes in the VPN config in NetworkManager (or in the
vpnc config) are not saved.

Anyone seen any of these issues before? Known? Bugzilla them?

Thanks,
Patrick