Sound and F10 release

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Oct 21 11:16:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 12:48:45PM +0200, Antonio M wrote:
> I wonder whether for the official release of F10 I will get a decent
> sound system on my boxes....pulseaudio seems a problem, not an asset.

I've found that the easiest thing for me to do is
yum remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.

There are various howtos around about getting it working.  On the other
hand, if I do that, I don't have to research any howtos, sound just
works for me.  (I have fairly unsophisticated sound needs.  Although
some people love pulseaudio, they all seem to do far more with audio
programs than I do.)

You can leave the rest of the pulseaudio programs alone.  That one seems
to be the culprit.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: What should we do with the trio over here? Should we burn
them?
Willow: I brought marshmallows.