rawhide testing results

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Fri Oct 31 07:25:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 21:56 -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:

> I was hoping for a more useful response to my first actual question,
> which was "Is this for all of my issues, or just some?  Which ones?"
> so that I didn't have to waste my time re-testing everything in the
> list to find out which ones I do/don't need to report in bugzilla.
>
> I'm going to go on the assumption that Jesse meant that the Anaconda
> bugs were already fixed, because I won't get a chance to test a new
> install again right away.  So I'll focus on the other issues which I
> *can* retest somewhat more easily (but not as easily as typing "yum
> update") by checking for updates in koji manually.

If you get the email, you might wait for the "rawhide report" before
doing an install or running updates for that particular day.  For
example, you sent your status email about 2:30pm CST, and rawhide report
email arrived about 11am CST.  So if you had updated around that time or
before that, then you didn't get the latest rawhide bits during install.

I always wait for that report as well as when my server syncs up before
I do an install if I am going to do one, or to run updates.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org