e1000e bug - 32 bit, 64 bit or Both?

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Wed Oct 1 18:15:40 UTC 2008

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 09:34:34AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R
>> <caf at omen.com> wrote:
>>> Has this corruption appeared on both 32 and 64 bit Linux flavors,
>>> or just one?
>> There's one driver for both platforms so I suspect it will happen on
>> both 32 or 64 flavours.
>
> AFAIK reasons for the problem are still unknown but reports of
> corruption presumably come so far from 64-bit machines.  It appears
> that some race is involved so it may be that its window is easier to
> hit with 64 bits?

64-bit hardware, certainly - presumably almost any hardware that
has the effected Ethernet card(s) would be a Core 2 or better 64-bit
machine.

But I'm fairly sure (it's been about a month, so I could be
mis-remembering) I've only tried installing 32-bit versions of Fedora
and Ubuntu - and my Ethernet card was affected.
--
	--Per Bothner