F10 Beta testing resaults :)

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 05:05:25 UTC 2008

On 10/1/08, Peter Gordon <peter at thecodergeek.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 10:16 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> I am perfectly aware of how easy it is to replace applications but is your
>> gram ma or your daughter.
>>

> Beta and pre-releases in general are not usually suited to these types
> of users anyway, so that's not helping your argument at all.

Au contraire, mon ami. [On the contrary, my friend.]
"Beta and pre-releases in general" (rawhide as we know it) is no more than a
"Add/Remove Software" (Package Manager)
Edit->Repositories, checkbox "development" away from my 93-year old,
computer illiterate, cannot setup-his-way-out-of-a-vcr-remote
grandfather adding complete crap packages on his desktop, you might
reconsider that statement.

In general, code quality in open source software currently SUCKS.
Before you dedicated, talented programmers/analysts/designers get all
defensive on me, forget it. I've been around longer than you, and have
put more quality analysis hours in than you can fit on your pinky.
Granted, I appreciate the effort, but now[1] the distro[2] needs to give more.

jerry

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Present
[2] me, and everyone else..........

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".