F10 Beta testing resaults :)

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Thu Oct 2 05:33:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 00:05 -0500, Jerry Amundson wrote:
> Au contraire, mon ami. [On the contrary, my friend.]
> "Beta and pre-releases in general" (rawhide as we know it) is no more than a
> "Add/Remove Software" (Package Manager)
> Edit->Repositories, checkbox "development" away from my 93-year old,
> computer illiterate, cannot setup-his-way-out-of-a-vcr-remote
> grandfather adding complete crap packages on his desktop, you might
> reconsider that statement.

And you would grant that level of root-password-required access to such
a person...why, exactly? :)

> In general, code quality in open source software currently SUCKS.

We are all human. From that, errors are inherent to and unavoidable in
anything we - as a society or as individuals - produce: including code.
However, one of F/OSS's many benefits is the great number of people
perusing and (hopefully) quickly improving upon that as time passes.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) <peter at thecodergeek.com>