F10 beta Anaconda and the upgrade option

Nathan Grennan fedora-test-list at cygnusx-1.org
Fri Oct 3 01:22:30 UTC 2008

   As far as I can tell it seems like the upgrade option has been
removed from Fedora 10 beta. I first tried it on my T61 laptop which
already has F9. I got to the point where it wanted to rewrite my
partition table without seeing an upgrade option. Next I tried in VMware
with a blank virtual disk, and got to the point where you select
packages without seeing a hint of the upgrade option.

   Is this a bug, or is it an intentional change? If it is an
intentional change is the official/only upgrade path going to be
preupgrade+yum from now on?

   I did search the release notes, checking the mailing lists, and asked
in irc channels. No one had an answer.