F10 beta Anaconda and the upgrade option

Nathan Grennan fedora-test-list at cygnusx-1.org
Fri Oct 3 02:16:03 UTC 2008

David L wrote:

> I'm almost positive I was given the upgrade option pretty early on.  So
> if you're really not seeing it, it must be intermittent (maybe it attempts
> to detect if there is something to upgrade and sometimes fails??)

   I think it does try to detect, which is lame. It seems somehow my /
filesystem got left as ext4dev after I installed F10 Alpha, and then
went back to F9. F9 is fine with it, but the F10 Beta dvd says it can't
mount it, because of a unsupported feature, which I am guessing is
extents. I also can't remove extents from the filesystem. I did try
using the ext4 option, thinking it might help, but had the same problem.

   I am going to have to backup and do a fresh install. I also am going
to file a bug report.