XO: Not so good so far

Adrian Mandy adrian at weelife.com
Thu Oct 9 05:31:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Tarus Balog <tarus at opennms.org> wrote:

> Gang:
>
> I'm curious how everyone else is getting on. I followed the FAQ:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/
> Fedora10_On_XO#Installing_your_SD_card
>
> and was able to get the XO to boot into Fedora (cute hotdog). But then I
> get a kernel warning on the Desktop:
>
> http://www.opennms.org/XO/XO-KernelFail.jpg
>
> Looking through /var/log/messages I don't see anything real useful - no
> panics or errors that stand out. The load is very high, with a 15 minute
> load average near 8.
>
> I was curious if anyone else had managed to get things going a bit better,
> and if I needed to be using a different image, etc.

I was having similar issues. I added the persistent overlay and a swap
partition and that helped a lot. It would lock up before and now it is
slightly more usable. When I run top it reports about 85% idle on the cpu.
The tips here
http://katzj.livejournal.com/440444.html
helped but didn't quite work I had to look here
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo#Errors_and_Solutions
to get it all working.

I'm going to try launching firefox now!

--