F10 Beta static ip

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Oct 9 08:30:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 08:05:46AM +0100, Tony Molloy wrote:
> I have had similar problems to the OP installing F10. What can you do, if
> anything, when you want to do an NFS install and you don't have a dhcp
> server. We use static IPv4 addresses.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony
>

> > David G. Mackay schreef:
> > > I just attempted to install F10 Beta.  Anaconda dies when it tries to
> > > get a dhcp address for nic.  I was trying to install with a static IP
> > > address.  Is there any way to do this, or must I use dhcp during a cdrom
> > > install?
> > >
> > > Dave

Similar to bugzilla #392021 and #374271 I guess, has been this way since
Fedora 8. We use static ip addresses here as well, but I had to set up a
dhcp server to hand out those same addresses based on mac address, just
to make installs work. Quite a pain, and it would be good to get the
old, correct behaviour back (Fedora <= 7 worked fine, and so does RHEL 4 &
5), ie: anaconda should do what the user (or kickstart file) tells it to
do, and not force dhcp on everyone.

David Jansen