who can help with menu issues??

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 17:25:29 UTC 2008

2008/10/9 Adam Pribyl <pribyl at lowlevel.cz>:
> On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Antonio M wrote:
>
>> I have the following issues:
>>
>> 1) on one system Gimp in menu is not present for one user, but it is
>> present for other users: it is not even present in
>> System/Aspect&Style/Principal menu where one could put a tick in the
>> box to show item...how do I recover from it??? Anyway I could add
>> manually, but it should work in the other way..i.e present as
>> standard.
>
> Did you try to delete the gnome profile files (~/.gnome, .config, .gconf..)?

done but there is no way to have the Gimp appear in this particular
user!!! and in afirst trial I didn't delete the manual entry for teh
Gimp, I deleted suggested folders, ant then I relogged and I found an
entry for The Gimp (not for the Graphical Image Manipulation Program)
in other menu.

>> 2) on two different system, on system 1 I can add Trashbin applet to
>> the bar as it is present in available applet in the list, on system 2
>> Trashbin applet is not even present in the list
>
> You can try to find what this applet is on the disk then try to look
> wherether this is installed on the other system.

where shall I look?? and how can I reinstall it??

Tnx

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag