XO: Not so good so far

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Thu Oct 9 19:03:08 UTC 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 2:40 PM, David Nalley wrote:

> So that's how it works for the famous and powerful. :)

Where? (grin)

> Most of the time you have to request a devkey and wait 24 hours -
> supposedly to prevent people from stealing a unit and being able to
> run unsigned code on it.

That's what I thought. Now it took me about six hours to get the
firmware upgraded and the new activities installed on the crappy
Internet connection at the hotel, so maybe it thought I'd paid my dues.

I clicked on the link and it came up a few seconds later with "Your
new development key is ready!". There was a "wget" line that I just
pasted into terminal and it Just Worked(tm) when I inserted the USB
stick. I stayed up until like 2am to make sure I got the process
started and was surprised that I didn't have to wait.

Weird.

-T

Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer             Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 503 961 7746
Email: tarus at opennms.org                    URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C