F10 beta: No xorg.conf, where to tweak Synaptics pad?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Oct 9 18:52:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 11:36:33AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 12:33 -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> > There is a small fly in this ointment.  The above may work, usually,
> > but very far from always.
>
> Perfect is the enemy of good.

That is precisely the point.  We are seeing attempts to replace
"good" situations, where imperfections can be smoothed out by a user
by changing configurations when needed, but something which pretends
to be "perfect" and leaves you high and dry often enough.

> Ajax has in the past asked for /anybody/ to provide him situations where
> the EDID is bogus.

Oh, for example see
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=315320
attached to bug 460571.

Are you seriously suggesting that a group participating in
fedora-testing list will see an every piece of a misbehaving
hardware and will see every possible configuration?  Most of
affected users will not bother at all before dismissing affected
software as junk.

   Michal